I have been searching for THE SEVEN SECRETS TO GREAT GOLF for just over a decade now. After pouring through hundreds and hundreds of golf books, magazines and websites, I am now able to give you the seven tips that are GUARANTEED to lower your handicap and, therefore, make you a happier person, which in turn will make you a better spouse, parent, grandparent and friend.
Think about it! These seven golf tips are really THE SEVEN SECRETS TO A HAPPY LIFE! WARNING! Only share these with your best golf buddies.
- I regard keeping the head very steady, if not absolutely stock still, throughout the swing as the bedrock fundamental of golf. – Jack Nicklaus, winner of 18 Majors, from his book Golf My Way
- A pause at the top of the backswing will check the desire to kill the ball. – Sam Snead, from his book How To Play Golf (Garden City Publishing, 1946)
- But for controlled, accurate and consistent hitting, the left arm simply must be straight when the clubhead meets the ball. – Bobby Jones, winner of the Grand Slam in 1930
- Learn the punch shot. When the heat is on, you need a shot you can absolutely put into play off the tee and onto the green from the fairway. It doesn’t need to be a pretty shot, a powerful one, or one you can work the ball with. Every great player has had an antichoke shot they can resort to when their swing is deteriorating or they’re having a hard time closing the deal on Sunday. – Johnny Miller, from his book I Call the Shots
- Many higher-handicap players would improve their ball-striking if they tried to get the watch face on their left hand looking toward the ground at impact. – David Leadbetter from his book, The Fundamentals of Hogan
- When pitching from the rough, the secret is to keep the face from closing through impact. – Tiger Woods, winner of 14 Majors
- One reason you miss more short putts than you should is that you move your head or lower body during the stroke. – Teaching pro Kellie Stenzel (Golf Magazine, April 2010)
You now have TRUE KNOWLEDGE -- the knowledge to lower your handicap, win more bets and find personal fulfillment.