There are dozens and dozens of the Great Questions of Life, including:
What is your greatest need?
Can love really last a lifetime?
By what age should you know what you want to do with your life?
Can money really buy happiness?
What’s the biggest change you want to make in your life over the next year?
If you weren’t scared, what would you do?
Do you believe in a power greater than humanity?
What is the difference between living and existing?
Do people have a right to be happy or should they have to earn it?
What type of legacy do you want to leave behind?
And then there is the Really Big One that I have been asked about again and again over the last few weeks by many of my golf-playing friends: DO I PLAY GOLF WITH MY BUDDIES ON MOTHER’S DAY?
The fact that many of my friends are even asking the question shows me that they are caring and thoughtful husbands and fathers. I think they have come to me for counsel due to my age and experience in dealing with this tricky question. I believe I can help them – and you – work through this issue by taking a quiz. Below you will find 10 questions. If you can answer “Yes” to eight of the 10 questions, then your wife will certainly say, “Play well. Bring home the money, Honey,” as you head to the course this Sunday.
- Do you remember most of the key family dates/years (birthdays, anniversaries, year of your first date) most of the time?
- Do you laugh at her jokes?
- Do you say, “I love you” at least twice a week?
- Are you willing to kill bugs and pick up the dead mouse found in the trap?
- Do you look for small ways to improve your marriage such as giving her control of the remote on Wednesday nights or emptying the dishwasher once in a while?
- Are you willing to watch Sunday night football games with her when the Chiefs are playing?
- Do you always say, “Great” or “Beautiful” when she asks, “How do I look?”
- Do you share in some of the household jobs such as taking out the trash, replacing the toilet roll, putting your dirty socks in the hamper and keeping the bar well-stocked?
- Does she have access to a credit card with a reasonable limit?
- Are you a good listener?
If you weren’t able to answer “Yes” eight times, you should immediately start on a self-improvement program and then consider your only two options this Sunday:
- Deal with the fact that this Mother’s Day is an all-day celebration.
- Make this Sunday “Take Your Wife To The Course Day.”